Thursday, April 15, 2010

Slice of life from beyond the rainbow.

So, my legs are aching and so are my arms..
and this is the product of one of many gruelling 1 hour sessions
with my P.T. James and last night's yoga class.
As you know, I do whine a lot,
(Lol sorry Ashley I apologise for all the
"Ohmagod i cant walk, help meee. Aaaaah my legs feel
like jelly! Pain! Paaain!")
but in the end I'm more than pleased than the
results of his coaching and my hard work.

Going into this whole gym thing in the beginning
of the year, my goal wasn't to simply lose weight
as one simply expects to do, but also to increase my
stamina, fitness and flexibilty.
I've been at Cityfitness for about 3 months now,
and now I feel like I've achieved what I had set out
to do..
I've definately lost body fat and gained muscle in their place, but also I find myself doing a lot better in other aspects, such as running stamina,
core strength, balance and flexibility (though we both
agree that I'm still as inflexible as a brick. lol)
Cynical as I was when I first signed up,
I really do reap the results now, and dedication certainly pays off.
SO I've managed to slowly get rid of my terrible eating habits
and irregular sleep patterns, also lessen my
shopaholic ways by spending most of my time in the gym.
(It also does help when you notice that your clothes seem
to sit/look better on you than before.)
Its hard at first to get into an unfamiliar, tougher, routine,
but once you get into it, you'll be KEEN for a workout.
(Im so proud of you GabbyandAshley! ;])

LOL I know what you guys are thinking,
WHAT-HAPPENED-TO-THE-DEBBIE-WE-KNOW?
But seriously,
I'm practising what I preach..
so goodbye old unfit cynical i-hate-exercise debbie.
The gym is GREAT! ;D
Also, I would not be at this level without James' help
and patience.
Yes I know he's paid to do it, but still,
you gotta appreciate the people, man!
And yeah. He knows what he's doing and that makes
me know what I'm doing and he caters and changes up my routine
according to my needs, yet not forgetting to challenge me
at the same time. LIKETHISTIME. my god.
So yay, I'm happy.

So I guess the moral of this story is to
try and live a healthier lifestyle, nomatter
what you start with.
Baby steps add up, and you'll be pleased at the
progress you make at the end. ;D
Umm. OOPS just realised its 3 am.
HEH. shifty eyes.
Night my lovelies! :]

No comments: