Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Change, change, change.

Change - The Young Veins
She was acting pretty, thought she owned the city
Someone should have told her that pretty ain't a job
Now she begs for money, no one calls her "Honey"
As she bothers shoppers in the parking lot.

Gets her karma with a catch
Forget superstition by wearing it backwards
Lives under ladders and sleeps with black cats
Some people never change, they just stay the same way

I swear like a sailor, love is not a flavor
I find it's just a concept that we live inside
And if you can agree with me and Mr. Twain
In matters of opinion, our rivals are insane

Forget superstition by wearing it backwards
Lives under ladders and sleeps with black cats
Some people never change, they just stay the same way
Change change change.



When this song first came out, I was convinced it
would be a flop, and a bad move.
But I must say not long after I found myself
humming along to its Seargent Peppers-esque
preppy tune.
And now I absolutely LOVE IT :)
Staying true to the spirit of Pretty. Odd. ,
I reckon Ryan and Jon are doing pretty well on their own.
Ry's voice, although rather pitchy and thin,
is PERFECT for these songs and his singing ability
was always overshadowed by Bren's deep sultry crooning.
But tbh, Im still Team Panic. heh.
YouTube and enjoy it, people.

No comments: